Tuesday, January 06, 2009

my twelve loves of christmas, 5-8

5. family talent(or untalent) show

heather and mom played something wonderful,

steve and sarah amazed us with their guitar and singing talents. they were so good that i was embarassed to go next.


i busted out the violin and played the theme from schindler's list. because that just screams merry christmas.

mark and dad did a combo number with david holding the music. that david is so talented.

6. reading the christmas story in luke 2.

GHOST HANDS!!!




7. eating/family time-they are pretty much the same thing

this is what happens when you can't read and you decide to make pancakes and haven't showered and have your picture taken with your sarah palin glasses:
huge pancakes and a greasy, scary face. just like denny's!

scarlett eating ice cream. and then pouring it on her head. i don't like to brag, but she is definitely my daughter.



what everyone did whilst mother, heather, thomas and i slaved away preparing the meals!

reagan couldn't take anymore family time. he was unrevivable.



and this picture is just funny. feel free to slap your knee.
artistic, photojournalistic and realistic.

7 comments:

Rocketgirl said...

I didn't know you were a fiddler!! Even MORE awesome! Schindler's list is questionable, but you could do worse ;)

Rachel said...

Oh I miss the Beck family! You guys are great and it makes me a little homesick.

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Only two comments?!? Man, I thought this was one of your finer posts. I especially LOVED the shot of Mark playing the trumpet. He will forever be a trumpeter in my mind.
And it seems like David has talent like I do. Props to him.

Actually, this entire post reminded me of the talent show scene in Dan in Real Life. Have you seen that?

Love me the Becks/Simpsons!

Paula said...

This post shows the Beck family in their element-nice. I loved you pancake face but even more I love Scarlett's ice cream face. She truly your daughter. She has cute boots by the way.

The High Family- said...

I know when the Beck family gets together...party time begins. You are all such talented little devils. Glad you could all be together!!(Thanks for being kind and putting our christmas card on your door, I know we are not door-worthy!)

Thomas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thomas said...

Aren't you missing a talent? Didn't someone recite the six key causes of the credit meltdown in less than two minutes?