in the past week i have been on the pregnancy crack also known as nesting. normally, i have the ability to drag out a home improvement that would take a normal person several hours or a full day into a multiple week long project. it's a talent. i'm like the last 10 minutes of a basketball game: my projects tend to stretch into a 2nd week.
in the last week i have:
1. sanded and repainted scarlett's dresser.
2. hacked up and removed 3 shrubs.
3. weeded and trimmed the rest of the bushes in the front yard.
3. put down 10 bags of mulch. i still need about 10 more. thomas stacked all the bags in the garage so all i have to do is nudge the bag with my hip onto my dolly so i can wheel them around the yard without really even exerting myself.
4. painted baby X's room. when i painted scarlett's room it took me nearly a month. this room took me only 4 hours. if i could bottle up my hormones and sell them on the black market i totally would. i even have plans to paint another room next week.
5. made a skirt for scarlett out of some fabric scraps. sure, it's at about the skill level of a trained monkey, but i made it and used MATCHING THREAD(which is unheard of), my seam gauge to make sure my hem was even all the way around, a measuring tape for measuring and an iron to make it look nice. next thing you know i'll have an etsy shop. or not.