Sunday, June 23, 2013

Father's Day redux


Dad, dad he's our man, if he can't do it he'll write an extensive legal document explaining why not!!! Go Team Simpson! 
Father's Day is always rather low key. Thomas doesn't like getting showered with attention and presents, which proves that opposites attract. His big surprise took place the week before when his phone somehow fell into the pool and he had to get a replacement ASAP. Nothing says Happy Father's Day like a replacing something expensive that you already paid for once.

I made him some wonderful waffles breakfast and then made my famous mexi-shells for dinner. It's one of my best recipes and it travels and freezes well. A high carb treat that makes a great leftover lunch, If you're into that. 

Mexi-shells à la heidi 
2-3lbs ground beef
16oz cream cheese
Taco seasoning
Package of jumbo shells
Cheese
Salsa

Boil shells. Brown beef, rinse. Add cream cheese and cook till a delightful gloppy mixture is created. Add taco seasoning. Spoon beef mixture into boiled shells. Place in 9x13 pan. 
Sprinkle cheese over shells. Spoon layer of salsa over shells. 
Cover with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes at 350°. Give the best dad in the universe a sloppy kiss and enjoy!
Thomas is pretty great. I spent a few minutes trying to locate a great quote on fathers that would sum up my feelings about how important he is to me and how well he fulfills his role. From the proclamation on the family, " By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families. "
I like thomas. He was one of my best decisions. 

3 comments:

Julie said...

OOh, I'll have to try that recipe! Do you rinse the meat, or the shells? :)

HJolley said...

where is your coffee table?

thomas is great. he's one of my fave people. he is a great conversationalist and has always made me feel very welcome.

i love those shells. they have always made my appetite feel very welcome.

heidiluxe said...

julie, strain the shells but don't rinse. rinsing pasta makes it sticky. rinse the beef in cold water.

heather, we moved the coffee table to the garage because for reagan's barfday party and have yet to move it back.