Sunday, February 08, 2015

date night in baby jail

As far as ideal date circumstances go, I'm sure friday night in the nicu with a heavily drugged, heavily swollen, high risk post natal mom with a makeshift ice pack constructed out of ice and a preemie size diaper strapped to her stomach ranks pretty low on most people's must do lists. But lucky for Thomas,  I was able to help him check off that dream. I don't need much when I'm with Thomas. I didn't even have to wear a bra.


I wore my nicest, baby poop colored hospital gown for the occasion.   


we capped off the night with big cups of pebbled ice. It was heaven. Thomas spent about 20 minutes googling heavy duty, at home, hospital quality pebbled ice maker for our next ananniversary. He always promised we'd have it all!
the best part of being married to someone is doing nothing with that someone and it's one of the best times you've had in a long time.
hersch update- adorable. likes to pull out his canulla and his feeding tube. Kicks and flings his arms when he hears dad's voice. Recoils in horror at mom's cackle.







3 comments:

Emily C said...

heidi, how'd you get to be so funny? seriously. you make any situation humourous. you gonna repeat this romantic date for valentines as well?

sweet adorable family.

Unknown said...

I don't know how to do this but I will try. One of my kids used to have a blog. I saw your mom's post and don't know if I facebook messaged her or what. I'm too old for this. Hope things are going better. They can do so much for these babies now. Kelsey and Kristin were in the testing age. I love these bitty ones. Know you are in our prayers.

Jessica said...

oh my gosh, he's so tiny and adorable!!! and i'm with emily -- you make every situation entertaining. :) i know that you are probably sore, sleep-deprived, and emotionally drained, but you look so radiant and happy. thanks for keeping us posted. we will keep your family in our prayers.