why i am a happy, frugal nerd
being that i've been 30 for 24 hours now, i've realized a few things in my life.
C. this blog is really about me. the pictures at the top are just a ruse. it's really always about me. but i have a great supporting cast.
B. i OWN 30. the rest of you are just renting. pay me $200 when you pass go. i just hate the idea of getting older because the numbers get bigger.
A- i am more and more removed from being an awkward junior high student. that's a really nice perk that comes with age. i am free to embrace my frugal nerdiness because i no longer have to deal with being grouped with people who are all struggling to find their identity and don't mind tearing others down to find themselves. i've always known who i am. my parents were great at instilling that in me. i don't have to be friends with everyone anymore. i only have to be nice and polite to everyone. i get to choose my friends and my attitude towards circumstances. hurray for 30!
also, as i get older, my list of frugal nerdyisms is much longer than ever before. and that's GREAT! instead of frugal nerdyisms, i should call them heidi-isms. the two shall heretofore be synonymous.
1. i love to shower at the gym. i look forward to it. it gives me so much freedom! someone is watching the kids and i get to get ready without putting out fires. and my water bill is lower! score!
2. i love classical music. sometimes it makes me cry.
3. anglophilia. it's not as gross as it sounds. i just love british things. my netflix queue is full of british tv shows. sometimes i dream in a british accent. i used to have dreams that i was best friends with the beckham's. you know, posh and becks? i would always wake up disappointed.
4. i get obsessive about things that i like. running, hunger games, gone with the wind, crunchy corn bran cereal, perfect point plus eyeliner in espresso brown. i'm the type to attend a nerd convention. or start a nerd convention. with costumes.
5. thomas and i live for the show 24. but because i can't stay awake it's more like 12 or sometimes 18.
6. i cannot and will not pay full price for anything. it hurts.
7. i like getting up early. though i love to sleep, i hate the feeling of not having enough time in the day to do everything. so i get up early. plus, i love alone time. love it. any early morning is the only time for that.