but my phone might as well be.
things of note-
1. i can't find my download cord for pictures(anybody remember seeing it anywhere? it was wrapped around the newel post in my upstairs hallway. isn't that where you keep electronics?). and i have some GREAT pictures. some beauties. visualize my pointer finger stuck in the lid of a jumbo package of clorox wipes. just. you. wait.
2. same goes for my phone charger. i can only charge in the car. and that's why you haven't heard anything from me.
3. i drove ALL. THE. WAY. from kansas city to birmingham. and i didn't fall asleep once. and roadhouse(the BEST patrick swayze movie EVAH!) was playing at the hotel to make me feel at home.
4. my new house(that we are only renting THANKFULLY) has paint that is worse than i thought possible. it's like the olive garden hooked it up with sherwin williams and their baby exploded. other than that, the house is perjfect. very well maintained crazy.
5. the things at wal*mart that drove me nuts in KC still bug me just as much in birmingham.
6. we went without cable and internet for over 2 weeks. it was really nice. really nice. i forgot what day it was several times. and now i have over 500 posts to get updated on in my blog reader.
7. i spent so much time unpacking and getting things ready around the house that i found myself belching and doing other unseemly things in public. i forgot what it was like to be around other people. and when i was finally around other adults, i was like a homeschooled kid at her first day of public school. I COULDN'T STOP TALKING TO SAVE MY LIFE.
8. alabamians love talk radio.
9. i owe my life to members of my old ward. especially melinda and steph. we could not have done this move without their help. i thought i had things under control. i was wrong. i am utterly humbled and i feel like i have misunderstood my entire life what true service is. thank you.