what makes this victory so magical?
1. we normally have an entire cheering section full of children, husbands, dads, mothers, siblings and team sponsors rooting for us. last night we only had one lone spectator cheer us on to victory. lesta is now our secret weapon and no one else is invited but her. sorry fans, the taste of success is too strong to ignore. i want another bite and i don't want anybody messing us up. we are on a winning streak. try to understand.
2. our wednesday night practice was cancelled. we all came to this match completely unprepared.
3. i served the ball OVER the net MULTIPLE times. i only messed up because i got cocky. but cocky isn't so bad either because at least i'm not just on the team now to fill the roster.
4. i was called for an illegal hit twice. i was secretly pleased by this news because that means i was actually having contact with the ball instead of my normal technique of diving to the ground and completely missing.
5. bruce, our fearless leader and unofficial coach, was absent. we had to think up our rotation and strategy on our own.
6. the opposing team consisted of some of the oldest women athletes that i had ever seen. they arrived on one of those public transportation vans that drive old people around.(just kidding) one of them even had an oxygen tank.(not really) i spiked on her 3 times.(not true either, the only spiking i can do is with short hair.) we smoked those geezers.
7. due to illness and out-of-townedness, we were missing several key players. we had to go outside the ranks to fill our roster. luckily we had lauren she might have been a little more than helpful to our team. just don't ask her how old she is. and she definitely wasn't anyone on the team's daughter. those were just rumors the other team started to psych us out.
and just to prove to you that this is all real and not something that i made up, i present, the steamboat willies:
(photo courtesy of jamey's blog. i totally took this without permission. thanks for loving me anyway.)
and i am completely aware that my hair looks like i just rolled out of bed. that's just how hard i play. i am in it to win it!