1. watching burn notice.
it's great. and ridiculous. it's a one man A-team. and it's got gabrielle anwar from wild hearts can't be broken as the sidekick/explosives expert/love interest. so it is sooper great. and ridiculous. and they all carry shiny guns. i would love to whip a gun out of my purse one of these days. i bust out laughing at least once during every episode because of something funny. and it is usually not meant to be humorous.
2. the ORIGINAL beverly hills 90210 in reruns on the soap channel. i never watched this show back when it was in it's heyday. all my little pre-teen friends did, but not me. i was too busy reading. and being a social outcast. a 90210 marathon played over labor day weekend that started from the first episode and i was hooked. i have about 14 episodes in the queue. hurray. the early nineties never looked so good.
3. rereading Gone With The Wind for the bazillioneth time. for reals. i know i should be reading the scriptures, or the ensign or something i haven't read yet, but i can't help it. i especially like to carry around my copy that looks like a gigantic old-fashioned Bible. just to throw off people at the gym. how funny would it be to see someone on an elliptical maching reading a HUGE Bible? that's some serious heavy lifting. maybe that's just funny to me. i just finished reading it again last night. bawled my face off again, but i always cry at different places each time i read it. last night i cried because bonnie dies. i usually don't care too much because she is so ugly in the movie. and i cried because of lovely melanie. have i finally learned to appreciate her? i consoled myself by thinking of ways i would rewrite the final chapter. one version involved a scarlett o'hara/belle watling shootout. (i know they aren't real people. the line between reality and fantasy isn't that blurry over here.)
i also told legaleagle that he needs to grow a rhett butler moustache.
because it totally works on him.
and because it really doesn't work on me.
***and if anyone in the comments section decides to make a comment about how much they hate scarlett o'hara, and how much they like melanie and that i should have named my daughter melanie, you will be dead to me. you and your mother. mark my words.***
4. britney spears. i know what you are thinking. you don't even need to comment. but, have you ever listened to the heartbreak of "lucky"? or the power in "stronger" or the heart-wrenching sadness in "toxic"?
5. mariah carey. i just love her screaching high pitched voice. and her desperate lets-hold-on-to-this-relationship-ballad. and her pseduo-gangsta-ishness. do you know how hard it is to find a picture of her that i am not embarassed to have on my blog?
6. reading blogs of perfect strangers just because they wear fantastic clothes. boring posts=amazing outfits. it's all eye candy.
7. watching anything on E! while i am running on the treadmill. it's amazing how many miles i can put down while watching some of their educational programming. today it was the top 20 young royals. i also like E! news with ryan seacrest and giuliana. it's like i am running and reading a tabloid at the same time.
8. blogging. does it get guiltier than this??? few things accomplish so little and take up so much time and i can't help but LOVE IT! i keep a list with me at all times of things i would like to blog about. you never know when you will be inspired. it is right next to my list of items of clothing i see on other people that i would like to own too.
9. reading obituaries in the newspaper. i find it really heartwarming to hear about all the nice things they accomplished in their lives. it's a tad morbid. i look forward to it. i am already writing my own.
how 'bout you? what's your guilty pleasure?