Monday, October 23, 2006

the joys of home maintenance

we really enjoy our house. we love the space and the lack of loud neighbors. we just wish they would mow their lawn and keep their bite-y dogs locked up(but then, there is always something to complain about). one thing that has been a little hard to adjust to from apartment life is the need to repair and replace things ourselves. i miss the maintenance men!!! on saturday, thomas was edging the lawn and the edger picked up a rock and threw it right through the front door. awful. the worst part is that this is the SECOND time this has happened since we moved in, first the back door and now the front.

6 comments:

Valoree said...

That is terrible. Yeah, one time Richard was cutting the grass and the lawnmower slung a rock at my truck window and busted it. Sucks. Whenever something goes wrong with our house I always complain that I hate being grown!

lrbodine said...

I'm sorry but I had to laugh at that one! I know all about house repairs though. Remember my ceiling falling in and my carport caving in? lol. We dont have the mowing problems though since we went with the desert landscaping. :)

Emily C said...

no way! what are the chances. makes for a great photo op

Caroline said...

Bless your heart! Is that pretty expensive to replace? Cute picture!

Ashley said...

Hey Heidi! I need your address so I can send y'all an invitation!

joe and jessica said...

That is a real bummer. My dad did that a few times at their house but it was little panes so my mom finally started getting plexiglass. (I have no idea how to spell that on)