Sunday, August 29, 2021

Jesus loves Blythe

 We're entering week 3 of school cancellation due to covid. I've been especially struggling with this cancellation because the school district made no effort to have any type of digital learning. I have no desire to ever homeschool but I knew I couldn't have my kids go 3 weeks without learning, especially after only 8 days of in school instruction this year. I refuse to have dumb kids! I ordered several workbooks and I have attempted to put together a curriculum to help my kids not fall any further behind. I'm very alarmed at the current state wide test scores and how much kids have already lost to this pandemic. Miracles of education are not happening in our dining room classroom, but a few good things are happening. The one thing I feel that I can't provide through my homeschool curriculum is friendshipping and socialization. Our church services have been reduced again to an hour a week, swim team has been cancelled and several families we know have been in quarantine because of covid infections. I've been particularly worried about Athena Blythe as she seems to have lost a step due to lack of interaction with her peers. I was praying about it and really letting the Lord know my concerns about my kids but especially her. 

Today we had stake conference via Zoom and one of the speakers was a little girl, Amiyah, from our ward who is Athena Blythe's age. I made sure that the computer was right in front of Athena Blythe while she did her conference coloring. Amiyah's topic was, "How I know Jesus Christ loves me". Athena Blythe got excited to see her friend on the screen and happily went back to her artwork. What happened next was the answer to my prayers. In discussion the ways that she know Jesus loves her,  Amiyah, she listed all her friend's names in her talk. When she said Athena Blythe's name, I felt the Spirit confirm so strongly that Jesus Christ was aware of her and her needs and that this was an answer to my pleading prayers. 

Stake Conference is often one of the harder Sundays with family. Zoom Stake Conference is only marginally easier because you get to watch from home. But there are many more distractions at home and it can be just as hard to listen at home as it is to wrangle children at a chapel. The Lord is always willing to bless those who make the effort to listen to Stake Conference. 

2 comments:

HJolley said...

I didn't know this! Love it.

Grandmere Sandy said...

I haven't checked on either of my daughters' blogs for a long time but tonight I did. Lo and behold, you had both updated. I love this story about Blythe. Such a reassurance that the Lord hears and answers prayers and is mindful of even the smaller but needful requests we make. Love you PS - I get some of the best stories for my Relief Society lessons from you.