Monday, November 25, 2019

a song in a minor key featuring thomas with the upbeat hook

i posted this entire post on saturday, while i was crying into my protein shake and feeling sorry for myself. then i went to church yesterday and realized i needed to make some serious edits. edits will be in RED. 
note, while i do believe that everyone should be able to cry about their first world problems and feel some validation, i would be utterly remiss if i also did not record the BLESSINGS that occurred with the struggle. 

i have been struggling the past few weeks! mostly over things insignificant in the eternal perspective but nevertheless things that drag you down in the dumps!

i'm still struggling with photo download drama, but here's a list to illustrate my dumps:

 a gym bro was really mean to me last week and i cried. i came home and thomas was the perfect gym therapist and reassured me that i was using good form and i am working hard and that guy was probably intimidated that i know what a zurcher squat is and he didn't. people are threatened by confident, well-educated women. 

i pulled one of my lats and now it's hard to do anything, especially make right hand turns or open the dishwasher. so that's oddly specific and dumb and it makes basic things i enjoy hard to do. thomas has made sure i'm doing exercises to stretch and rest and foam roll at appropriate intervals. 

i hit a car in front of the school. damage was minor but there was still damage and i'm embarrassed because it was such a small mistake that's still going to cost plenty. thomas was super calm and laid back as i laid out the details and offered nothing but support and reassurance. 

i got my hair cut and instead of a following the example photo and explicit instructions to not mess with the length, my stylist chopped off 6 INCHES and made my hair look like a stereotypical mom haircut. i've been going to the same stylist for 4 years and she's now fired. she stopped listening to me two haircuts ago but the color was still good so i stayed with her. thomas is the best though because instead of convincing me the haircut looked good, he and i commiserated about how deeply i was wronged by a stylist who thought she knew what i would like better than me. it is just hair and it will grow back but i still don't want to hear you say that to me. 




look at that hack job! 


mood:
bang bang sauce that fell out of the back of my car as i was unloading  this has become a thing. i need to figure out a system for the back of my car. i had a laundry basket back there for a while but that was simply facilitating the dumping of larger quantities of stuff on my driveway. "you're murdering a lot of liquids these days." thomas

 
the end. the end. 


3 comments:

Jessica said...

I love you. that's all. (and I'll commiserate with you over bad hair jobs any day of the week.)

HJolley said...

All of that stinks EXCEPT the last photo. You look amazing, and those shoes were a great choice.

kate said...

As a sign of gratitude on how my son was saved from autism, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
My son suffered autism in the year 2013 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, he always have difficulty with communication,and he always complain of poor eye contact  . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and they left the contact of this doctor who have the cure to autism . I never imagined autism  has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my son will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my son used it and in one months time he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life.autism  has a cure and is a herbal cure,you can contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get this medication, Thanks.