this post is a little late, but i have been a little occupied. on monday, we celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. here are some photos from our wedding so that you can remember what we used to look like, back in the day when we were carefree and silly.
a short and incomplete list of reasons why thomas is a great husband, in no particular order:
1. he works hard, really hard.
2. he makes funny jokes. sometimes i am the only one that gets them, but i think they are hilarious. like the invisible fence joke, that still kills me!
3. he is a great support in the delivery room. both literally and emotionally. i can't imagine getting an epidural without him to lean on.
4. he knows how to fix things.
5. he says really nice things to me, even in the morning when i am ugly and scowling at everything.
6. he is sooper smart.
7. he goes out of his way to be everyone's friend.
8. he makes darn fine homemade ice cream.
9. he does all the driving on road trips. like i said, he is very smart.
10. he lets me give him fashion advice.
11. he is smart with money.
12. he gives great birthday, anniversary, christmas, whatever presents.
13. he can name all 9 justices on the supreme court.
14. he rode a scary bus at 3am in mexico to a drugstore to buy pepto bismol for me while he was VERY sick himself.
15. he watches my silly tv shows with me and sometimes even feigns interest.
16. he has gone to the store to buy me embarassing but neccesary hygiene products. not just tampons.
17. he loves his kids. once, while on his lunch hour and dressed in a suit, he ran down several city blocks pushing reagan in a stroller just so reagan could see the tail end of the rodeo parade.
18. he mows the lawn in ridiculous southern heat.
19. when i am pushing out babies, he sleeps on that horrible couch/bed they have in my room, just to be with me.
20. he tolerates my horrible attempts at speaking spanish. see post title.
21. he tastes all of my food experiments. even the bad ones.